Print at Home
Print at home patterns are cleaner, greener and cheaper!
Passionately Sewn downloadable, print-at-home patterns are easy to choose, buy and use.
Simply choose your pattern, checkout and pay as usual and you'll receive your pattern immediately via email. (within 24 hours)
All my print-at-home patterns include the full colour step by step instructions for the pattern and the pattern pieces ; they also feature a 'scale square' to help you check that your printer is 'reading' the pattern correctly.
1) When you receive your pattern find the scale square... it is usually on the pattern pieces. Print out just that page without any scaling or resizing to check that your printer is ‘reading’ the pattern correctly. If your printer won’t print unless you specify a size, select ‘100%’. When printed measure the scale square....
2) After you have checked the scale square, you will see that your pattern pieces will also have a pattern layout diagram... Use this to know where each page of your pattern pieces will go..... This will make it easier to stick them together.
3) The pattern will print out with a border all around the page. It’s not necessary to trim off this border on all sides! You trim only what you need to trim. This normally means only top and left side for almost all pages. For the first row, you don’t even have to trim the top edge. And for the first page of each row, no need to trim the left side!
4) Often its easier to assemble one row at a time. I trim the necessary borders off one row, then tape it together. Then I trim the borders of the next row, and tape it to the row above.
5) When your pattern pieces are together... Your ready to get creative and sew!!